Maga Engineering retained its Platinum rating for the 3rd consecutive year and reached the number 3 position in Sri Lanka’s Corporate Accountability Index for 2012, formulated by Sting Consultants and published by LMD, the country’s leading business magazine.
Maga has acted as a catalyst for sustainable growth in Sri Lanka’s construction sector by setting industry benchmark in the following areas:
- Becoming the first construction company and one of the first private companies in Sri Lanka to report its economic, social & environmental performance under the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Being the first construction company in Sri Lanka to be accredited under both International Standards for Health, Safety & Environmental Management of OHSAS18001 and ISO14001.
- Building the world’s first purpose-built LEED Platinum Certified Green Manufacturing Plant, ‘Thurulie’ of MAS Intimates
- Becoming the first and the only construction company to become a Business Superbrand in Sri Lanka
- Helping found the Green Building Council of Sri Lanka (GBCSL) and the Green(SL) Rating System
Winning Sri Lanka’s first National Green Award for the Public and Private Sector